This yummy recipe was been posted by MyAM’s fan Phillip Lamb on our Facebook Page. We could not resist sharing it here!
Born and raised in Arkansas, Phillip moved to Ile-de-france from Chicago. He is married and has one son who’s almost three months old now. He works for an International TV station in Paris, and loves to spend a weekend watching NCAA or NFL football (Go Hawkeyes! Go Bears!) and smoking meats or brewing his own beer. In fact, Phillip recently opened his own microbrewery. We’ll be sure to let you know when the bottling starts!
- 2 tablespoons chili powder – NOT ground chilies, this has cumin and stuff in it. In French it’s “Mélange pour Chili“
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1 tablespoon pimenton (Epicerie de Bruno near Les Halles)
- 1/2 tsp ground chipotle chilies (Epicerie de Bruno)
- 2 cups Heinz ketchup
- 1/2 cup French’s Yellow Mustard
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup A1 sauce
- 1/4 cup dark molasses
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil or butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 medium cloves of garlic, sliced fine
1. Sweat the onions in the oil/butter until translucent, then add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
2. Now add everything else and stir, stir, stir.
3. Reduce over low heat and throw it in the fridge.
Or you can opt to buy your Barbecue Sauce from our selection at My American Market
If you too have a great recipe, you can share it with the community like Phillip Lamb did ! Tell us in the comments or contact us.