Now that the weather has gotten GORGEOUS, I am so ready to get out and about and have fun. I am looking forward to having lots of friends over and having lots of picnics again. The great thing about this time of year, is the abundance of fresh fruit. Here are a few ideas for fun, easy, everybody-friendly desserts. Everybody-friendly! Not just “kid-friendly” but “everybody-friendly.” Did I just make that up? Yes, I believe I did.
- 115 g (1/2 cup) butter, softened
- 150 g (3/4 cup) white sugar
- 1 egg
- 155 g (1 1/4 cup) all-purpose flour
- 2 g (1/2 tsp) baking soda
- 2 g (1/4 tsp) salt
- 224 g (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 100 g (1/2 cup) white sugar
- 10 ml (2 tsp) vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350º F. / 175º C.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and 3/4 cup sugar until smooth. Mix in egg. combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until just blended. Press dough into an ungreased pizza pan.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool.
4. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread on cooled crust.
5. Arrange desired fruit on top of filling, and chill.
If you try this recipe, tell us in the comments how it turned out !
Enjoy! And most of all… Have fun!