Cookies? Or bars? Why decide? Allow us to introduce you to the love child of Mr. Cookie and Mrs. Bar, the Magic Cookie Bar… We think it will be the start of something beautiful.
Ingredients to bake Magic Cookie Bars:
- Pam cooking spray or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups (135 g) graham cracker crumbs (possible substitues include Triscuits, Speculoos, or Petit Beurre cookies from LU)
- 1/2 cup (115 g) melted butter (salted or unsalted depending on your tastes)
- 1 can (14 oz or 385 g) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups (360 g) Nestle Tollhouse Semi-Sweet Morsels
- 1 1/3 cups (100 g) flaked coconut
- 1 cup (115 g) chopped nuts
Preparation for the Magic Cookie Bars recipe:
- Heat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- To acheive perfectly cut bars, line your pan with aluminum foil, letting the foil overlap over the top of your 13 x 9 inch baking pan. Coat with no-stick cooking spray or margarine. (After the bars have baked, you will have only to lift the edges to remove the foil before cutting.)
- Combine graham cracker crumbs and butter in a small bowl. Press well into bottom of prepared pan. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumb mixture.
- Layer evenly with chocolate chips, coconut and nuts. Press down firmly with a fork.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Loosen from sides of pan while still warm; cool on wire rack. Cut into bars or diamonds.
For those of you who appreciate some good food porn, here’s a visual tutorial: