- 1 cup (225g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 3/4 cup (350g) soft light brown sugar
- 2 eggs (preferably free range or organic)
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick’s Vanilla Extract
- 4 cups (400g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Arm & Hammer baking soda
- 8 oz (225g) Hershey’s semi sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C/ 325° F/ Gas 3.
2. Cream the butter and sugar in a free-standing electric mixer with a paddle attachment (or use a handheld electric whisk) until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, mix well and scrap any unmixed ingredients from the side of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Turn the mixer down to low speed and add the vanilla extract.
3. Mix well.
4. Add the flour, salt and baking soda and mix until the dough is smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips until evenly dispersed.
5. Put roughly the size of a rounded tablespoon of dough on a baking tray (up to 6 depending on the size of the tray). Make sure that there is enough space between the cookies (they expand while baking). Bake in the preheated oven for about 8-10 minutes or until golden around the edges. They will continue to cook on the baking sheet after you remove them from the oven, so be sure to take them out just before they look “done.” Leave the cookies to cool slightly on the tray before putting them on a plate or a wire cooling rack to cool completely. When warm, the cookies should be quite soft and slightly golden.
How did those cookies turned out in your kitchen ? Let us know in the comments !