Buy a selection of 3 or 4 of your favorite ice creams and let soften at room temperature for 10-15 minutes.
Arrange all of your toppings and let your guests make their own sundae.
This is a very fun and relaxing way to entertain on a sunny afternoon, or a summer kids party !
Here are a few ideas for toppings, but the sky’s the limit, so let your imagination go wild! For your older guests, offer liquors and hot chocolate sauce on a hotplate, keeping them away from curious little hands.
Here are a few topping ideas for your ice cream sundaes:
- Chunks of fresh fruit (banana, pineapple, strawberries, blueberries)
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup
- Hershey’s Caramel Syrup
- fruit jelly or apple sauce
- Crushed Oreo Cookies
- York Peppermint Patty
- M & M’s – peanut butter or coconut with chocolate ice cream? Yes!
- Reese’s Pieces
- Toasted, chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans, peanuts)
And of course don’t forget the whipped cream!
You too can share your tips and recipes in the comments, orby becoming a contributor on this blog.